Friday 14 March 2008

Here goes!

I imagine that this will take some time. I'll start with the running. Silly me, built to walk and sit, decided to take up running to shed a few pounds (more would be better). Never really been overweight but not skinny either. So here I am just over two years later and half a dozen half marathons, two full marathons and a number of shorter races have been entered, run and completed. I start with all this because it is a surprise to myself each time I think about it. I am still 'not a runner' though I run almost every day. I am still built to sit or walk. I run rather slowly.
Had to start writing today since this week I haven't run at all. For the first time since I started up this whole craziness I have been hit by the local flu virus. There is light however, and tomorrow I return to the roads, early in the morning, to shuffle through a twelve miler. This is the test to see whether my lungs (and legs) are still up to it as I train for the second Eugene Marathon on the 4th May.

No comments: