Sunday 6 April 2008

21 miles 27 days


The best run of my life yesterday. Long run of ~21 miles give or take a foot or two - maybe take my toes since they are still sore. Under 4 hours...on a training run let's hope this bodes well for Eugene in just 27 days time! I'm not sure what was particularly good about yesterday but I cruised the entire distance. Food was right, temp and clothing was right, belly did not fail me. No walking breaks and fair skimming along at times. A 49 mile week in all...the most ever.

R tells me that the cake I made today needs to be written up. J wants to know if it has a name, I will call it the 'left over fruit - cake'.

Recipe: 2 mashed bananas, 2 oranges peeled and cored and cut into small pieces, a cup of oatmeal, a cup of almond meal, half a cup of date sugar, half a cup of honey, 2 large eggs, some milk, 1/4 cup oil, 2 cups gluten free baking mix, crushed seeds from a cardamom, vanilla essence. Mix it all together with milk to spreadable consistency, and spread on a large baking sheet. Top with three leftover apples that have been cored, skinned and sliced. Finally take another cup of gluten free pancake mix add an egg, 2 oz melted butter, tablespoon of sugar and a very large handful of golden raisins. Mix this up separately and then spread over the apples in a randomish sort of way. Put the tray in the oven at 375 until baked and golden looking. Serve dredged with powdered sugar and cut into rectangles.

1 comment:

Ceratotherium simum said...

...and the cake is most delicious!