Friday 25 April 2008

Pre


Finally got to see Prefontaine the movie. Meant to watch it last time before the Eugene marathon but it didn't happen. I think they really just want us to see how cerebral a sport elite running really is. Everybody gets dealt their own random hand when it comes to bodies but then it is up to your mind to decide where that body needs to go and how quickly it should get there. My only criticism of the film is that it focussed more on his youthful beer consumption than on the hard core training day after day that must have got him to that level. I just want to know that I'm not suffering more than he did in training, in order to still be slow.

Speaking of training...I'm truly tapering. I swam on Monday and today, no running. During the week was 4.5, 6, 4.5. Tomorrow is just to PCC and back 12 miles, I'm not expecting too much I'll take it nice and easy. On Sunday J and R will run the Boardwalk 5K, T and I will be cheering them on. This time next week we'll be in Oregon...not long now till the race.

No comments: